Texans Credit Union has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Human Resources Manager to direct and manage the activities of various HR functions including development, implementation and administration of HR policies, programs and procedures relating to employee benefits, compensation, payroll processing and employee recruitment and staffing.
Major Duties and Essential Functions
1. Leads HR staff in day to day administrative operations to include directing work schedules and priorities, coaching, and mentoring to attain maximum performance, cross-training and providing ongoing feedback regarding performance.
2. Ensures HR is a trusted strategic business partner for various levels/departments throughout the organization.
3. Develops and implements staffing and recruitment processes to ensure the hiring of qualified staff that align with the Texans culture.
4. Develops and tracks key HR performance measures such as employee turnover and demographic/EEO stats to ensure HR processes and programs align with company goals and objectives.
5. Accountable for planning, budgeting and managing annual department goals and projects. Ensure alignment with Credit Union goals and strategies.
6. Develops and implements employee benefit plans that are competitive, cost effective and compliant, ensuring strategy alignment with company goals and objectives.
7. Develops and implements compensation programs and performance plans that align with Credit Union goals and objectives ensuring equitable and competitive salaries and salary structures across the organization.
8. Ensure compliance with all HR laws and regulations.
9. Be visible internally and represent HR with staff to reinforce trust, openness, and approachability.
10. Manages vendor relationships to ensure proper documentation and regular relationship review.
11.Other duties as necessary to achieve the goals of the department and/or organization.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position: • Advanced knowledge of a variety of HR functions, processes, resources and services; • Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills; • Comfort in a leadership role both in group and one-on-one settings; • Ability to multi-task and recognize/prioritize critical needs; • Ability to think strategically at both the departmental and organization levels; • Service-oriented mentality • High ethical standards and sound judgment • Initiative and willingness to take ownership
Education: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university desired; or eight or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certification desired: SPHR or PHR
Experience: Minimum five years of HR leadership or management.
Positions directly supervised: All HR team members
Internal Number: 18-0008
About Texans Credit Union
Texans Credit Union provides a full suite of financial products and services to more than 110,000 members. Membership spans seven counties and serves the employees of over 100 select businesses. The Credit Union operates 13 branches and currently manages over $1.5 billion in assets.
Built on the foundation of superior member service, Texans Credit Union is an organization powered by Texans, for Texans. Our mission is not only to improve the financial well-being of our members, but to improve the communities we serve as well through various outreach projects and events.