Essilor of America, Inc. (Essilor), is the leading manufacturer and wholesaler of prescription lenses in the United States.
We currently have a Manager, Compensation and Mobility career opportunity at our Dallas, TX location.
The Compensation and Mobility Manager will provide overall direction regarding the design, development, implementation, communication, and administration of compensation programs (including merit increase budgeting, salary structures, job evaluations, market competitive assessments and bonus plan administration) to ensure Essilor’s ability to attract, retain, develop, motivate, and reward qualified employees. This position will provide direction for all mobility and immigration activities including all relocation services and support for a population of about 200 employees. Provides strategic and tactical compensation and mobility guidance to management and HR for all US operations (approximately 10,000 US employees including subsidiaries).
• Manages all aspects of Essilor’s compensation and mobility programs in order to support the US compensation philosophy.
• Serve as subject matter expert with respect to compensation and mobility programs.
• Ensure compliance with all Federal and State laws governing compensation (i.e. minimum wage, FLSA, etc.).
• Support Mobility Analyst with management and administration of all mobility programs and activities including but not limited to US domestic and International employee relocation programs, lifecycle expatriate assignment management including global taxation, visa and green card process, and international intern programs.
• Monitors local market trends and presents trends to management that may affect compensation, pay practices and competitive positioning. Provides benchmark analysis information to management regarding local market dynamics and developments.
• Performs analysis and recommendations of executive level employees. This includes analysis of base pay, short term incentives and long term incentive plans for competitiveness along with management of vendors that provide services to executive team.
• Responsible for the management and administration of the US Exempt Bonus Program (approximately 80 plans). Including plan design, documentation, communication, system maintenance, and payment of bonuses during Q1 of each year.
• Manages the development, implementation and communication of Essilor’s merit program (2 programs). Reviews market trends in salary increases. Prepares merit budget recommendation and salary ranges (5+ active ranges) proposal to Sr. leadership for approval. Develops all communications materials regarding the program and manages the administration of the merit distribution process. Provides guidance to HR Business Partners / HR Engagement Partners and Managers in the appropriate distribution of merit increases.
• Serves as part of the Acquisition Due Diligence team within HR. Responsible for the collection of compensation related data, compensation analysis, review of bonus/incentive plans and recommendations for compensation programs as related to mergers and acquisitions.
• Manages the job evaluation process for Essilor including the slotting of jobs and maintenance of job grading system to ensure consistency across the organization.
Serves as a point of contact for our Sales Operation teams on the review and consistency of Sales Commission Plans.
• Support the management of the various Essilor employee shareholding programs including management equity awards.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelors Degree with 8+ years of progressive experience managing the compensation and mobility functions within a larger global employer
• Strong leadership skills with proven ability to lead a team of subject matter experts
• Previous experience designing and implementing bonus and commission programs linked to overall company objectives
• Experience managing inbound and outbound expats, domestic and international relocations along with Visa and Green Card processes for a larger global employer
• Knowledge of international tax regulations for international assignments
• Ability to be self directed and function with minimal supervision
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong customer service and interactive listening skills
• Strong problem-solving and project management skills are vital
• Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Effective interaction with all levels of employees, including senior management and ownership
• Demonstrated flexibility and teamwork
• Highly proficient in Excel with the ability to perform advanced functions such as vlookups and macros
• Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, and Google
• Knowledge of Workday preferred
• Some travel may be required (25% or less)
About Essilor of America
Essilor is an international company employing 64,000 people worldwide, including 9,400 in the U.S. Our products are worn by over a billion people in more than 130 countries, and our subsidiary, Essilor Laboratories of America, Inc., owns the largest optical laboratory network in the U.S.
While we exist all over the world, we are united by our passion and commitment to our mission of improving lives by improving sight.