The Total Rewards Manager is responsible for the planning, design, and delivery of all compensation and benefit programs while ensuring they are competitive, sustainable, and scalable in the markets in which we operate, align with the strategic goals of the organization, and support our company culture.
Function as the organization’s expert in total rewards while managing all aspects of the company’s benefits strategy and administration in a self-insured environment covering 1,300 lives.
Evaluate and compare existing company benefits with those of other employers via market analysis and surveys to ensure the company’s competitive position in the marketplace.
Continually assess and improve the market competitiveness and cost-effectiveness of compensation and benefit programs to ensure they optimize our ability to attract and retain top talent.
Manage the open enrollment process including the rollout of new plans and changes by coordinating and preparing announcement material, booklets, and other media for communicating new plans to employees. Conduct employee meetings and arrange for enrollment of employees in optional plans.
Handle benefit inquiries and complaints (directly or indirectly – third party administrator) to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution.
Manage relationships with external vendors including insurance providers and broker, and oversee vendor contracts and negotiations.
Oversee centralized leave administration plans and processes.
Lead M&A integration projects focusing on compensation and benefits harmonization and financial impact.
Design, implement, and maintain a market-based compensation program.
Identify and implement forward thinking solutions to generate financial savings while achieving key company objectives.
Required Education and Experience
A minimum of 5 years of experience designing and implementing total rewards programs (compensation and benefits). Comprehensive knowledge of benefits programs (health, 401(k), leave administration).
Internal Number: 0609201801
About Corsicana Mattress Company
Corsicana Mattress Company is the largest, low cost manufacturer of private label mattresses and foundations (box springs) in the U.S. It operates 13 manufacturing facilities in ten states strategically located throughout the country. The large majority of products are in the promotional segment with price points generally at or below $500 per unit at retail. The Company’s products include innerspring and specialty foam mattresses and rigid and semi-flex box springs in all standard sizes and common styles. Corsicana’s customer base of over 5,000 accounts consists of both small independent retailers and large national bedding and furniture chains. Increased market penetration, driven by efficient manufacturing processes and national scale, has led to compounded annual sales growth of over 15% from 1994 to 2017. The Company is highly profitable with a strong balance sheet and has plans to make several strategic acquisitions to strengthen its position in the marketplace.
In September 2015, Long Point Capital acquired a 70% stake in the business. The other 30% of the firm is owned by the founder and the management team.
Long Point Cap...ital
Long Point Capital was founded in 1998 to invest in outstanding founder, family, and management-owned companies with highly capable management teams and strong growth prospects. The company provides significant up-front liquidity and ongoing ownership to company owners who want to partner with Long Point to continue to grow the value of the business.
Long Point focuses on lower, middle market businesses with EBITDA of greater than $5 million with defensible market, customer and product positions, solid long-term industry fundamentals, and a history of stable earnings. The company has invested in a diverse portfolio of manufacturing, service, and distribution companies in a broad range of industries.
Long Point approaches new investments and challenges with a “sleeves rolled up” approach. Along with deep operational and industry expertise, they build their collaboration on a foundation of common sense and integrity. Like the entrepreneurs they work with, they understand how important their reputation is, and they always seek to do the right thing.