Compensation and Benefits, Employee and Labor Relations
Essilor is an international company and the leading provider of eyeglass lenses in the world. Our mission is improving lives by improving sight, and we work every day to bring good vision to the 4.5 billion people around the globe in need of visual correction. Our products such as Varilux®, Crizal® and Transitions® are available in more than 130 countries and are worn by one billion people daily. Essilor of America and its subsidiary, Essilor Laboratories of America, Inc., employ more than 7,000 in the U.S. and own the largest and most comprehensive optical laboratory network in the U.S.
Provide support for the full lifecycle of international and domestic employee relocation programs, expatriate assignments, and coordination of immigration activities. Primary focus of this role will be to support expat and international relocation, but will also be involved in supporting domestic assignments.
International Relocation & Expatriate Coordination
• Provide support for full lifecycle support of international assignments including pre-assignment services, ongoing assignment support, and post assignment services.
• Collaborate with Essilor International and host country HR on expatriate assignments.
• Prepare expat assignment letters, transfer agreements, cost estimates, certificates of coverage, and other international documents.
• Assist in the arrangements of international services with EOA’s 3rd party relocation vendor (household goods shipment, housing, destination services, language and cross cultural training and educational assistance).
• Coordinate compensation changes with host countries and update in Workday for payroll processing.
• Collaborate with 3rd party tax providers in host and home countries to ensure accurate year-end tax reporting in the host and home countries of taxable assignment elements and shadow payroll elements.
• Coordinate onboarding of expats, local hires, emerging talent rotators and international interns.
• Liaison with the EOA’s general services group to ensure accurate tracking of expatriates home leave airfare and expat company fleet vehicles.
• Review and process expat expense invoices to ensure policy compliance. Apply cost allocations to applicable host or home locations.
• Support and maintain employee immigrations files for visas and green cards.
• Assistance in the maintenance of proper documentation for non-immigrant workers in the US and track expiration dates for timely renewals.
• Collaborate with HR and management on the process, eligibility, and costs of sponsoring work authorization including visas and green cards for workforce planning
• Assist in the paperwork and documentation collection process with employees, manager, HR and foreign affiliates to facilitate complete files required for submission to 3rd party immigration vendor.
• Review official documents regarding visa and immigration needs for employees
• Review and process immigration expense invoices to ensure cost correctly allocated.
• Provide relocation program support for the delivery of all domestic relocation services for employees and new hires including pre-decision counseling, policy interpretation, reviewing policy exceptions and policy maintenance.
• Responsible for initiating and monitoring services with EOA’s 3rd party domestic relocation vendor including shipment of household goods, temporary living, home search, BVO home sale program, home purchase, lump sum payment, and expense management.
• Collaborate with managers and HR business partners on relocation needs, cost projections, and relocation processes that are economically advantageous to mobilize talent.
• Review and process relocation invoices to ensure policy compliance and ensure correct cost allocation.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field
• One to four year experience in providing mobility support at a big 5 firm, or large international employer
• Hands on experience with international and domestic relocation and immigration desired.
• Basic understanding and experience with US and international tax laws/regulations and tax equalization.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to work with all levels of management.
• Ability to interpret and communicate policies and immigration requirements.
• Service mentality and excellent customer orientation skills.
• Team player with the ability to work independently and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to interact collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and cultures around the world.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products with strong Excel skills
About Essilor of America
Essilor of America, Inc. (Essilor), is the leading manufacturer and wholesaler of prescription lenses in the United States. Through its subsidiary, Essilor Laboratories of America, Inc., (Essilor Laboratories), Essilor owns the largest and most comprehensive optical laboratory network in the United States. Learn more about EOA at http://www.essilorusa.com
Essilor of America, Inc. (Essilor) is a subsidiary of Paris-based Essilor International, S.A., a publicly held company traded on the Euronext Paris stock exchange (Reuters: ESSI.PA).
Research, product innovation and service to the eye-care professional distinguish Essilor from its competitors and characterizes Essilor as the world leader in ophthalmic optics. Essilor is committed to the research and development of innovative products, and the company continues to set new standards within the industry. Essilor International was recently ranked 25th on Forbes magazine’s list of “The World’s Most Innovative Companies.”
In 2008, Essilor announced the creation of the Essilor Vision Foundation, a public, non-profit foundation based in Dallas, Texas. The Foundation strives to help people achieve better lives through better sig...ht by creating and supporting activities that advance good vision and its benefits and offering special help to those who need it most.
Essilor International is the Official Worldwide Supplier of Ophthalmic Lenses to Special Olympics-Lions Club International Opening Eyes Program. Essilor is the creator and founding member of the Think About Your Eyes public awareness initiative. Think About Your Eyes focuses on educating consumers about the importance of vision health and yearly comprehensive eye exams.