Manager, HR Business Partner will be focused on driving business success. This role will provide strategic HR leadership/partnership and support to a complex, large business ensuring achievement of business strategies and objectives by maximizing human capital. This will include building business partner relationships with leaders based upon trust and credibility and the flawless execution of HR programs, policies and procedures. This position will be responsible for the business partner model and the customer focus and service delivery of all HR programs.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
- Acts as a trusted advisor by providing expert advice, coaching and counsel to leaders and employees on HR programs, policy and procedures, employment/labor laws, conflict resolution, change management, diversity and organizational development and design to promote a fair and equitable work environment.
- Collaborates with members of the HR Centers of Excellence for exceptional service delivery of HR programs.
- Develops and implements HR policies, procedures, and programs for an assigned area of responsibility with a larger importance or scope to the company.
- Provides input to the strategic direction of HR, participates in planning projects and strategy, budgets, resource planning and allocation, and ensuring HR goals and objectives are aligned with corporate strategy and core values.
- Formulates, recommends, and assigns program goals and objectives within HR with focus on overall business strategies.
- Develops integrated approach to promote diversity and inclusion in talent acquisition, development and retention.
- Partners with internal business partners, and diverse stakeholders, to proactively and strategically address HR needs.
- Develops performance metrics and directs actions to continuously improve HR functions and ensure alignment with corporate strategy.
- Develops professional relationships with external agencies and vendors in HR. Recognized as a credible HR professional to external parties.
- Provides reports on monthly or quarterly metrics and HR operations to HR and executive leadership. Utilizes metrics to make compelling cases for performance improvements.
- Develops internal communication plans to distribute HR information to the employee population.
- Utilizes project management methodologies to execute HR initiatives and focus the organization on its strategic priorities.
- Analyzes statistical data and reports to make data-driven recommendations to management.
- Represents the company at corporate events, speaking engagements, or conferences.
- Ensures department and employees are operating within all Chesapeake, state and federal guidelines, policies, and regulations.
- Reviews business processes for continuous improvement in procedures through optimum utilization of systems and personnel.
- Participates in department operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Provides direct and indirect supervision of personnel. Participate in decisions involving hiring, promotion, compensation administration, and termination of employment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Core Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- Able to effectively abide company policies, procedures, and technology.
- Able to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of human resource management procedures, practices, principles, laws and regulations, in the areas of employee relations, talent acquisition, benefits, compensation, compliance talent management and other HR functions.
- Ability to make strategic recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with Human Resources standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Ability to coordinate activities and programs across multiple departments.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Advanced analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Advanced knowledge of HRMS database design, structure, functions and processes.
- Advanced project management skills and experience with system-related projects.
- Advanced communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced conflict management skills.
- Ability to identify and anticipate client needs and make strategic recommendations for implementation.
- Ability to understand and promote the linkage between business and human resource activities.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures in order to prepare and maintain reports, budgets, and administrative records as required.
- Ability to assign, delegate, and direct the work of others.
- Ability to provide on-the-job training, performance assessment, coaching, motivation, and career development to employees.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and the coordination of people and resources.
- Able to show flexibility in response to change and adapt to and accommodate new policies, procedures, and technology.
- Ability to ensure all employees are operating within all Chesapeake, state, and federal guidelines, policies, and regulations.