Position: Compensation Analyst / Manager
Country/Regional Name: Global
Reporting to: Global Human Resources Director
GENERAL WORK DESCRIPTION
The Human Resources Compensation Analyst / Manager is responsible for key staff global compensation process management and support by implementing and administering base, variable pay and equity compensation programs for the global level compensation process for key staff. In addition, this position is responsible for the reporting and management of the compensation database; overseeing global annual administration of merit and bonus process; developing and managing global compensation communications; developing compensation plan documents and guidelines; and overseeing accounting bonus reconciliations and accruals, etc.
Global Compensation Program / Policy and Process Management (for Global Staff)
- Lead and support the design, implementation, administration of company-wide global broad-based compensation strategies, policies, and processes.
- Manage / administer base and variable pay compensation program for top 200 global key global staff.
o Oversee working with Senior Management team to decide appropriate employees that will participate in the senior management bonus program and manage participant compensation communications.
- Responsible for assuring compensation programs and processes are consistently administered in compliance with company global policies.
- Serve as a global point in contact to provide compensation program information and resources on specific requests; and advice on company’s compensation philosophy, practices and programs.
Global Annual Compensation Planning Process Administration
- Manage and facilitate the global annual administration of merit and bonus process (both annual and off-cycle compensation planning cycle) within compensation timeline.
- Manage global compensation planning cycle process database updates with SuccessFactors and other HR system data updates globally (e.g. special compensation section, etc.), etc. to support the annual compensation planning process; perform a variety of data audits and analysis to ensure accuracy of data during the compensation process (e.g. salary information, reporting relationships, bonus program identification, etc.).
- Develop and facilitate global compensation communications for annual compensation process (e.g. global award / salary recommendations collections, award approvals sent to key management, payment advice sent to global payrolls, etc.).
- Develop all Corporate Practices & Compensation Committee and other required compensation reporting.
- Provides support for managers and HR Business Partners throughout comp planning process.
- As applicable, conducts global market analysis and research to support compensation decisions and program recommendations to ensure competitive position (internal/external) for pay, pay for performance and retention.
- Responsible for writing, developing and maintenance of documentation such as the bonus program guidelines, policies, desktop procedures, FAQ’s, instructional guides, training and development resources, etc.
- Ensure all compensation plans, policies, and procedures are documented and communicated with global senior management and key HR team.
Global Compensation Database & Systems
- Provide all administration for maintaining updated base, variable pay compensation (discretionary bonuses, deferred compensation, long-term incentive, etc.) and benefits data in HR systems (e.g. CompXL comp database tool, SuccessFactors, etc.).
- Manage the administration and development of the compensation planning tool database (e.g. CompXL).
o Oversee compensation planning tool database configurations, enhancements, testing, etc.
- Develop and document functional specifications, data mapping, functional mapping and table configurations.
- Collaborate with consultants, partners and developers on data model changes, etc.
o Ongoing maintenance of compensation planning tool database tables; and oversee importing /exporting data from systems (e.g. SuccessFactors to CompXL, etc.).
o Evaluate compensation planning tool system functionality with each new release.
- Test new / changes features and determine the impact of changes on existing configurations prior to moving to production.
- Oversee writing reports (Crystal) for the Corporate Practices & Compensation Committee.
- Manages internal and external vendors including contract management and analysis of performance.
- Manage annual accounting bonus accrual process reporting / reconciliations / PWC reporting, etc., administer annual bonus pools, etc.