Join the University of North Texas System (UNT System) Human Resources team as we continue our journey to transform the lives of our students through our partnerships and services to our component institutions and System Administration. It's an exciting time in the UNT System, with many current and new HR initiatives on the horizon. We are looking for a HR Consultant I - Senior Compensation & Performance Management Analyst to be part of supporting these initiatives and our dynamic culture.
The Senior Compensation & Performance Management Analyst provides advanced professional support in the administration of UNT System (UNTS) institution compensation and performance management strategy, policies and procedures. The incumbent in this position works with a variety of stakeholders across UNTS to resolve standard and complex compensation and performance management issues. This position reports to the Director Compensation & Performance Management. This role serves as a mentor and provides work product review and coaching to other junior team members.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Provides guidance and support on standard and complex compensation issues involving the interpretation and application of federal and state regulations, policies, and procedures.
* Assists with the planning and execution of various compensation and performance management initiatives and supports the design and implementation of related policies, initiatives and procedures.
* Reviews work product of junior team members, provides constructive feedback, and coaches team members to enhance engagement and skill development.
* Performs classifications/reclassifications, market salary analysis, internal equity reviews, and analyzes classifications to determine FLSA and other federal classifications, leave and retirement eligibility, and salary grade.
* Collects and analyzes data for compensation surveys, job analysis, and job evaluation, and aids in the development and maintenance of various salary plans.
* Maintains and enhances performance management tools and related processes, including execution of electronic performance management processes and data management.
* Writes classification descriptions to accurately describe job content and qualifications and manages classification and position description database, providing reporting, training and support to UNTS constituents in data entry and maintenance.
* Assists in the planning, coordination, administration, and reporting of merit review and supplemental compensation programs.
* Queries, compiles, and analyzes data for compensation and performance management reports.
* Assists director with development of performance management programs, including competency development and other performance assessment methods.
* Works independently to research best practices and recommend solutions to HR team and System Administration for compensation and performance management initiatives and process improvements.
* Prepares and facilitates training relating to compensation and performance management functions.
Minimum Qualifications The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in human resources management, business administration or related field and five years of human resources experience; or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training and experience.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Extensive knowledge of applicable federal and state laws relating to compensation and pay equity.
* Knowledge of performance management theory and tools.
* In-depth knowledge of MS Office suite, with demonstrated advanced skill in utilizing Excel.
* Skill in using HRIS/ERP systems and other office computer information systems to organize, store, manipulate and retrieve data.
* Effective communications skills both orally and in writing.
* Critical thinking skills.
* Ability to plan, organize and effectively manage multiple assignments.
* Ability to coach, mentor, and provide constructive feedback to junior team members.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with frequently changing priorities.
* Focused on providing a high level of customer service and follow-through.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Internal Number: 155763
About UNT System
The University of North Texas System (UNT System or UNTS) includes the University of North Texas in Denton (UNT), the University of North Texas Health Science Center (UNTHSC) in Fort Worth and the University of North Texas at Dallas (UNTD). The UNT System Administration is based in Downtown Dallas. The UNT System also provides high-quality, innovative, and affordable legal education in downtown Dallas at the UNT Dallas College of Law.
The three independent universities of the UNT System have combined enrollment of nearly 44,000 students across five major teaching locations, including each main campus, as well as Frisco and Downtown Dallas. The UNT System has a $1.2 billion annual consolidated budget, employs roughly 10,000 people at its various locations within the robust North Texas Region and boosts the Texas economy by nearly $5.2 billion each year.