The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: payroll support activities, employee relations, training, and performance management, on boarding, policy implementation, and recruitment/employee and employment law compliance. The Generalist will be the HR support for the assigned geographic location. Assists with benefit programs including coordinating annual benefit open enrollment information. Tracks and reports on various internal HR processes. Answers employee inquiries and requests.
• Process, verify and maintain documentation relating to HR activities such as staffing, training and performance evaluations.
• Guide managers in recruiting and employee relations.
• Coordinates projects and implements employee training and benefit programs; including communications.
• Acts as liaison between employee and management to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices and regulations.
• Coordinates all new hire on-boarding activities including generating offer letters, obtaining signatures and routing for next steps; initiating background checks, scheduling drug screens, creating IT requests and booking travel.
• Assists with new-employee orientations by completing paperwork, giving tours, answering basic questions.
• Maintains confidential personnel files and personnel actions including change of status forms, termination requests.
• Assists with HR projects including performance management, annual open benefits enrollments and other ad-hoc projects.
• Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information.
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge and skills required
• 2-4 years of prior experience working in the HR Field. Exhibits technical and operational proficiency in the primary duties of the job
• Advanced skills using Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• High level of confidentiality and ethics
• Excellent follow-up skills with the ability to follow-through to completion
• Experience managing multiple projects concurrently in a fast pace environment, demonstrating a sense of urgency
• Professional communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
Reports to: Manager, HR
Location: Plano, TX or Las Vegas, NV
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
FLSA Status: This position is exempt.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers.
Physical Demands: Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 5 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting, and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment with limited exposure to customer repair facilities and vendor sites.
Travel: Minimal travel is expected for this position.
EEO Statement: The Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover all possible activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Internal Number: GENER01694
Headquartered in Plano, Texas, asTech is a leading provider of diagnostic solutions and services to the collision repair industry. asTech, which stands for automotive service Technicians, is the first company of its kind to specialize in servicing vehicle electronics. The Company provides remote, mobile, and in-shop automotive electronic services using its patented asTech, device, performed by ASE-Certified Master Technicians.